Areas of Practice
- Family & Domestic Law
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Protective Orders
- Alimony, Support and Property Division
If you have been arrested for or charged with a criminal offense, you need protection. You need a criminal defense attorney to thoroughly evaluate your case and explore every avenue of defense. You need a lawyer who will do everything in their power to get your charges minimized or dismissed. Someone who will defend your rights with fervor and stand beside you every step of the way.
At Pat Layden Law Office, we have 20 years of law practice and trial experience. To get started on your case, contact us today! Our legal team will do everything we can to provide you with the best outcome.
- DUI Defense
- Drug Offenses–State
- Drug Offenses–Federal
- Asset Seizures and Forfeiture
- White Collar Crimes/Fraud
- Aggressive Federal Criminal Defense Attorney
Personal Injury Law
Contact us for a free initial consultation to discuss your personal injury dispute with an experienced lawyer.
- Auto Accident Claims
- Workers’ Compensation Injuries Claims
- Dangerous Products Injuries
- Auto Defect Lawyers
- Traumatic Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Litigation & Management Law
- Business Incorporation and Business Formation
- Confidentiality, Non-Compete and Nondisclosure Agreements
- Franchise Agreements and Contracts
- Licensing and Distribution Agreements
- Leases and Subleases of Property and Equipment
- Partnership, Joint Venture, and Shareholder Agreements
- Purchase and Sale Agreements–Specific Assets and Business Real Estate
- Contract Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes–Publicly Traded and Closely Held Corporations
- Partnership Dissolution
- Business Financing
- Business Litigation
Estate & Probate Law
There are many important steps that must be taken as soon as possible after the passing of a friend or loved one to ensure that the affairs of that person (often referred to as the "decedent") are handled properly. If the person died after having previously executed a Last Will & Testament, or simply a Will, then the Will ordinarily must be probated.
Probate is the legal process that transfers the decedent's assets according to their Last Will & Testament following their death. Pat Layden Law Firm will work with the person named in the Will to be responsible for the probate process, to inventory the estate assets and liabilities, notify any creditors of the decedent, protect the estate assets, minimize estate tax liability, and, finally, distribute assets to the beneficiaries according to the terms of the Will.
The probate process in Oklahoma for a simple estate can be completed in less than six months. More complex estates, or in the event one or more beneficiaries contests the Will, the process can take much longer. Whether simple or complex, you can be certain that Pat Layden Law Firm and staff will use their experience and compassion to guide you through every step, in the most reliable and cost-effective way.
Our Practice Areas Include:
- Ancillary Probate
- General Probate
Oil & Gas Law
If an oil and gas company has breached the terms of a contract, my firm will represent their surface and subsurface landowners’ rights in litigation.
Our Practice Areas Include:
- Lease disputes
- Energy litigation
- Royalty litigation
- Farm-out litigation
- Surface damage and pollution claims